… stop in my tracks. There are so many smells that take me back to where I was, to a place back in the memory of my life.
I can still smell my mother’s soup, just the same as her mother’s soup, what I would give to figure out that recipe.
For awhile my brother and I had this thing about the desserts of our Sunday lunches and dinners at our grandparents. I explored and tried to recreate a few, they were a good try but not quite there. I know somewhere in amongst the spare room flotsam and jetsam is a recipe book that may just unfold a few of them, the apple sponge at least. Or is that memory of a recipe book from my other grandmother?
The shortbread cooking at this time of year, for Christmas, that smell makes me smile … it is an imagined memory knowing my mother made this recipe and my grandmother made this recipe. That makes my heart sing.
- @samdastyari and in a big box?! 3 days ago
- #HustingsLand where is that I am wondering. #qanda 2 weeks ago
- @ABCTV @LukeWMcGregor @CeliaPacquola @BrianSearle3412 not long now! 3 weeks ago
- @itsdaveoneil @BrianSearle3412 1 month ago
- @OfficialJLD A little message from Australia, a week Monday is 3 years since I screamed #fuckcancer What helped? Yelling #fuckcancer lots x 1 month ago