… stop in my tracks. There are so many smells that take me back to where I was, to a place back in the memory of my life.
I can still smell my mother’s soup, just the same as her mother’s soup, what I would give to figure out that recipe.
For awhile my brother and I had this thing about the desserts of our Sunday lunches and dinners at our grandparents. I explored and tried to recreate a few, they were a good try but not quite there. I know somewhere in amongst the spare room flotsam and jetsam is a recipe book that may just unfold a few of them, the apple sponge at least. Or is that memory of a recipe book from my other grandmother?
The shortbread cooking at this time of year, for Christmas, that smell makes me smile … it is an imagined memory knowing my mother made this recipe and my grandmother made this recipe. That makes my heart sing.
- RT @simonsinek: What good is having a belly if there is no fire in it. Wake up, drink your passion, light a match and get to work! 5 days ago
- Nooooooo! It's all I watched @ABCTV @ABCiview @SBS @SBSOnDemand ... well apart from Netflix and Stan. twitter.com/sarahinthesen8… 5 days ago
- @kurtfearnley I love your laugh! 6 days ago
- RT @FrBower: #Auspol The advantage of Parliamentary Democracy is that it puts a space between the ‘angry mob’ and actual decisions. #marri… 1 week ago
- @JoshThomas87 @pedestriandaily am covering my envelope in rainbows, ballot too if it won't invalidate it! 1 week ago