… continues … second treatment, second allergic reaction, my body is fighting, screaming as these poisonous chemicals enter it, 5mls is all it takes.
My breathing, heat, rainbow stars flashing in my eyes … grabbing for hands, squeezing, trying to focus on that rather than what I know is coming. Not realising I was holding two hands … in a daze, breathing, big gulps feeling the pain, the spasms as they start to move out from my spine … along … ouch … breathing in and out through the spasms … feeling them build … the longest time … slowed time … grabbing hard so hard at hands squeezing, looking straight ahead trying to get through … my body fights but my mind knows this will pass and that my little chemical friends need to be allowed in.
A 10 hour day, huge and exhausting.
In spite of the reaction, now almost predictable the morning was fun, filled with laughter and chatter and quizzes and crosswords. I am lucky to have my friends the closest two each volunteering or saying yes when asked to travel through one of these days with me.
Lying here four days later I know I’ll wake tomorrow fatigued, exhausted, wrecked before the day begins, I feel my knees aching already.
- RT @misterwootube: 🔫 At a time when educators are being told to carry weapons, it's fitting to remember that education itself is the most p… 1 day ago
- @Weeezza Enjoy! 1 day ago
- @Weeezza We drove got there about 4.40pm queue had started but not too huge. Got a great park only had to pay til f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- At #zootwilights last night. Watching @NeilFinn and his fabulous family and friends I realised that #neilfinn is my… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- @HollyRansom You hit the spot with so many of us, can’t wait to use some of the strategies and ideas with staff. Go… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago