My city, a beautiful city on the river, has always been my home. I belong here, I feel right here, walking the lane ways, riding a tram, sipping coffee in a cafe watching the city walk by.
In this city of mine by far the most loved place is the Royal Botanic Gardens.
I come for adventures with my sister and her children, the little guy had his first visit here when he was about 6 days old. We sit on the grass or the chairs, we look at the vistas, we walk, we play hide and seek, we read, we laugh … mostly we just love our adventures in the Gardens.
I smile as I write, I’m remembering taking my nieces, now 19 and nearly 16, on a fairy hunt, we found a wand and a fairy walking stick, we kept them in the basket used for the gardens for years. We have had birthdays here, we have wandered off and played frisbee golf in the park across the road until dark.
My youngest nephews are slowly being introduced to the Gardens, their favourite is hide and seek with their big cousin, the apple of their eye. And then there is the Children’s Garden, a magical place we have watched grow over the years, even the big ones still love it!
Lately we haven’t been enough, this summer was too hot to sit much out on the grass, but we went twice with reduced numbers … plan for next holidays get them all to come along!
- RT @halsey: here is my entire “A Story Like Mine” poem from today’s #WomensMarch2018 in NYC tw: rape / assault. Thank you. https://t.co/l3f… 3 hours ago
- @cosmicpinot stew then freeze for winter puddings and adding to porridge 5 days ago
- RT @goldenglobes: “I want all of the girls watching here now to know, that a new day is on the horizon.” @Oprah accepts the 2018 Cecil B. d… 2 weeks ago
- RT @alicekeeler: In the real world there is a lot we need to figure out. Ask students to figure things out as part of the lesson. https://t… 2 weeks ago
- RT @aaron_hogan: 4 non-negotiables for schools via @gcouros https://t.co/FZ6pUtMTbR 2 weeks ago