I arrive to see the driveway and the front path blocked with erected scaffold. I note the piles on the lawn and am glad I arrived home before night had fallen.
I looked and noticed a small in and out up the drive so I hauled my 25+kg case, knapsack and bag up the drive around and under scaffold.
I take a look at the back steps and realise that no there was no way to drag the case up. In fact I am looking trying to figure out how to get up to my back door any time over the next three weeks!
I go around the back guiding the case through the piles of not yet up scaffold and realise the path there is totally blocked so … I haul it all out front again, drag the case across the lawn to my front steps and see yet more scaffold built over the stairs. I swore, lots and my favourite words.
I shall take photos tomorrow and also share how the hell I actually got into my house!!!
- RT @halsey: here is my entire “A Story Like Mine” poem from today’s #WomensMarch2018 in NYC tw: rape / assault. Thank you. https://t.co/l3f… 3 hours ago
- @cosmicpinot stew then freeze for winter puddings and adding to porridge 5 days ago
- RT @goldenglobes: “I want all of the girls watching here now to know, that a new day is on the horizon.” @Oprah accepts the 2018 Cecil B. d… 2 weeks ago
- RT @alicekeeler: In the real world there is a lot we need to figure out. Ask students to figure things out as part of the lesson. https://t… 2 weeks ago
- RT @aaron_hogan: 4 non-negotiables for schools via @gcouros https://t.co/FZ6pUtMTbR 2 weeks ago